Mars Wrigley Confectionery U.S. has announced Sweet ReTREAT, a chocolate and candy-inspired pop-up salon as a Valentine’s Day treat. Fans are invited to book appointments (with a plus-one to share the experience with a friend) on Feb. 13th or 14th at MarsSweetReTREAT.com.
Promising candy, chocolate, gum and mint-themed “TREATments,” the Sweet Retreat experiential marketing activation by Mars Wrigley Confectionery U.S. will indulge the senses—not just the palate.
Services range from manicures and pedicures to blow-outs, style touch-ups and a make-up counter, all infused with the spirit of Mars Wrigley Confectionery’s chocolate, candy, gums and mints.
The brands will even bring a twist to the traditional salon lounge, spotlighting Mars Wrigley Confectionery’s loved products and candy-coating the space—from couches to art installations and even mirrors—making it look good enough to eat.
The candy-inspired menu of salon services will include:
• The Candy Counter Makeup Bar: Inspired makeup trends by Mars’ chocolate delights: Dove®, M&M’S®, TWIX®, SNICKERS® and more.
• The Signature Manicure or Pedicure: Candy shell lacquers inspired by “tasting the rainbow” of Skittles® and the “unexplainably juicy” Starburst®.
• The SNICKERS Pedi: Satisfy those tired feet with a soak for sore muscles, signature scrub and indulge in a SNICKERS® while you’re at it.
• The Blowout and Touch-Up Bar: Infused mint blow-outs inspired by the essence of minty favorites like Altoids® and Extra®.
• The Mars Wrigley Lounge: While you wait for your or your plus one’s appointment, kick back, indulge and relax – sink into couches for a mini massage or relaxing meditation. Treat yourself to a candy beverage bar, compliments of Mars Wrigley
• Confectionery products and inspired by favorite flavors, from mint to chocolate to fruity fun.
“Our beloved treats play a unique role in consumers lives, and we wanted to do something fun in tribute to our brand fans this Valentine’s Day,” said Berta De Pablos-Barbier, President, Mars Wrigley Confectionery U.S.
“You don’t need a manicure or a blow-out every day, but it’s a nice way to treat yourself now and then – and we look at our products the same way. They’re not an everyday snack, but a treat to indulge in from time to time. We are looking forward to bringing this idea to life by using our iconic brands in an unexpected way –there is no better time to treat each other, and this is the ultimate opportunity to spend time with a loved one.”
Mars Wrigley Confectionery U.S., makers of beloved treats including Dove, M&M’S, TWIX, SNICKERS, Skittles, Starburst, Altoids and Extra, designed the event with insights from its research survey of 1,000 adults in the U.S. age 18 and older to understand their treat habits.
The full Treat Report insights that inspired the salon will be released on February 12, 2018. Highlights from the study include:
• a majority (74%) of respondents believe a treat is sweeter when shared with a friend
• 66% said sweet treats are their go-to gift for friends and family members
• Almost all (98%) believe they can lead a healthy lifestyle and still occasionally indulge in a sweet treat
• Just over one-quarter (27%) prefer chocolate or candy over baked goods or savory snacks when they splurge.
• Over half (53%) would rather give up coffee than chocolate.
• One in 4 (28%) bought a treat because they wanted to share a picture of it on social media.
Visitors are invited to share their Mars Wrigley Confectionery-inspired TREATments on social media with the hashtag #SweetReTREAT and tag @marswrigleyconfectionery.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s, SNICKERS, TWIX, MILKY WAY, DOVE, PEDIGREE, ROYAL CANIN, WHISKAS, EXTRA, ORBIT, 5, SKITTLES, UNCLE BEN’S, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA.
Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl, VCA and Pet Partners. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles—Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom—inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
[Image at top via Instagram/lili.shin]