Posted by Dale Buss on March 5, 2012 09:02 AM
Ace Hardware debuts first-ever paint campaign.
AIG sells $6 billion in AIA shares to help repay bailout loan.
Angie's List creates rare success with paid-content model.
Apple expected to pass 100 million iPad sales by year-end as iPad 3 is unveiled this week and excitement builds for Apple TV.
BP stock rises on proposed $17.6 billion settlement in oil spill.
Carlos Slim's America Movil reportedly starting a Netflix-like online service for Mexico.
Facebook asks advertisers for big investments in exchange for expanding fan base.
Frontier low-cost airline may be relaunched or sold.
GlaxoSmithKline expands in China.
GM struggles to make Volt a sustainable business.Continue reading...
Posted by Dale Buss on September 7, 2010 09:00 AM
* AIG sets a date for its AIA unit IPO.
* Amazon poached Microsoft's head of game platform strategy, Andre Vrignaud.
* Barclays promoted Bob Diamond, an American turned high-profile British banker, as its next CEO.
* BlackBerry-maker RIM acquired mobile startup DataViz for $50 million.
* Christian Dior's "Shanghai Dreams" ad campaign in China deemed racist by some critics.
* Coors Light launches aluminum bottles in time for NFL season.Continue reading...
Posted by Shirley Brady on August 25, 2010 09:00 AM
* Apple is close to a deal with Disney to rent ABC TV shows via iTunes, the Wall Street Journal reports. It's also looking to trademark several of its mobile app icons.
* Burger King reported slumping sales.
* AARP research finds brand-name drug prices increased 8% last year.
* Barnes & Noble reported a tough quarter and increased legal costs due to proxy fight with investor.
* Best Buy named Aura Oslapas its new chief design officer.Continue reading...
Posted by Shirley Brady on July 13, 2010 09:00 AM
Hugh Hefner's surprise bid to take Playboy private yesterday puzzles Wall Street. Minyanville Media CEO Todd Harrison gave an interesting take to Bloomberg TV.
AIG board to decide AIA's future.
Aon buys Hewit for $4.9 billion.
Bill Gates and Khosla Ventures invest $23.5 million in engine startup EcoMotors.Continue reading...
Posted by Shirley Brady on June 1, 2010 08:00 AM
BP's shares tumble as it begins latest attempt to stop Gulf leak and new charges emerge.
AIG and Prudential failed to reach a deal for AIA insurance business in Asia.
J&J's McNeil unit pulled TV ads month before stopping Tylenol production due to earlier recall.
Kimberly-Clark humanizes Scott paper products brand with spokesman called Scott.
Unilever's plans for Sara Lee face EU inquiry.Continue reading...
Posted by Shirley Brady on May 14, 2010 08:29 AM
Tablets, tablets everywhere: BlackBerry is rumored to be developing one, Sony is eyeing one and Dell is prepping a small one.
Heinz ketchup lowers sodium in response to America's war on salt ... while language in advertising is getting saltier.
British clothiers go global: Asos is expanding to US, Superdry expands thanks to David Beckham.
P&G is "in a bind" over online campaigning by moms over Pampers DryMax claims.
BP CEO Tony Hayward says company was ill prepared for Gulf of Mexico oil spill disaster.
South Korea’s Posco is set to buy Daewoo for $3 billion.Continue reading...