social media watch
Posted by Shirley Brady on September 13, 2010 04:11 PM
Brands and social media news today:
* Facebook launches page to help users discover branded pages to "like."
* Penguin releases an interactive version of Stephen Fry's autobiography as an iPhone/iPad app.
* The New Yorker's profile of Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is a must-read (especially ahead of that movie). Here's a cheat sheet.
* New York Fashion Week is being supported by Twitter with a special microsite featuring participating brands' tweets.
* Google Instant launch inspires Facebook intern to create YouTube Instant; generates instant job offer from YouTube (on Twitter).
* GSN releases Wheel of Fortune Facebook app.
* Marvel superheroes will be featured in games on Facebook and iTunes.
* Uniqlo rolls out new social game to promote UK e-commerce site.Continue reading...
Posted by Dale Buss on August 31, 2010 09:00 AM
Brands in the news:
* AIG's sale of Taiwan unit is on the brink of collapse.
* Autodesk will reintroduce its AutoCAD design software for Macs.
* Capital One is preparing customers for end of Chevy Chase Bank name.
* The Emmy Awards may eliminate miniseries and other “long-form” categories after HBO cleaned up (yet again) this year.
* Exelon is buying John Deere's wind energy unit for $900 million.
* Ford sets its sights on India as a market for sales and a hub for technological innovation.Continue reading...