Posted by Shirley Brady on May 3, 2011 06:00 PM
Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose named NBA MVP.
Pac-10 signs $3 billion, 12-year deal with FOX and ESPN, the richest ever for a college conference, and plans its own TV network under looming Pac-12 name.
Pfizer weighs break-up.
Apple revamps iMac line.
BlackBerry and Microsoft team up to battle Google search.
BP to pay $85 million for 2006 Alaska oil spill.
CBS picks 60 Minutes reporter Scott Pelley as Katie Couric replacement.Continue reading...
Posted by Dale Buss on October 12, 2010 09:00 AM
Alibaba develops China search engine with Microsoft as challenger to Baidu.
Apple is in talks to bring the iPhone to India, and will sell the iPad at Wal-Mart.
AT&T's U-verse TV is coming to Microsoft’s Xbox 360.
Bank of America and other mortgage lenders face lawsuits from up to 40 state attorneys general.
Beijing Auto hopes to reinvigorate brand with $2.7 billion marketing push, as China car sales cool down.
Blockbuster begins search for a new CEO.
Bloomberg LP plans a data service catering to U.S. government.
Bloomingdale's, Macy's, J.C. Penney and other retailers go beyond discounts (incl. BOGO) to compete.Continue reading...
Posted by Shirley Brady on August 25, 2010 09:00 AM
* Apple is close to a deal with Disney to rent ABC TV shows via iTunes, the Wall Street Journal reports. It's also looking to trademark several of its mobile app icons.
* Burger King reported slumping sales.
* AARP research finds brand-name drug prices increased 8% last year.
* Barnes & Noble reported a tough quarter and increased legal costs due to proxy fight with investor.
* Best Buy named Aura Oslapas its new chief design officer.Continue reading...