Posted by Dale Buss on June 7, 2013 09:17 AM
Facebook drops "sponsored stories" as it pares down ad formats.
Samsung is hit by concerns that Galaxy S4 isn't selling well.
Google under fire for allowing ads selling illegal drugs, judge says.
Airbus builds sales momentum for new A350.
Chevron and golf's US Open seek new young scientists.
Constellation takes its crown by gaining rights to Corona beer.
Hallmark nabs the rights to Duck Dynasty brand for greeting cards.
Huawei dismisses security concerns.
Microsoft unveils trade-in rights for games on Xbox One.
Panera faces new test for pay-as-you-can.
R.J. Reynolds returns to TV advertising to promte new e-cigarette.Continue reading...
Posted by Dale Buss on August 27, 2012 09:00 AM
2016 stuns by tapping into anti-Obama sentiment at weekend box office.
ABC seems to be tanking Nightline to make room for Jimmy Kimmel's move.
Apple cements its industry dominance with court victory over Samsung as verdict affirms the value of product-design innovation and raises questions about future of smartphone market.
CNN looks for a boost from HBO shows.
Carrefour needs turnaround plan.
CarMax plans next-generation outlet and entry into smaller markets.
Crain overhauls Advertising Age for digital world.
Facebook wants to redefine how reach is measured.
Ford vows to fix problems with MyFord Touch. Continue reading...
Posted by Mark J. Miller on June 19, 2012 02:55 PM
When Comcast formally acquired NBC Universal back in January of 2011, it was only a matter of time before the two sports powerhouses combined their national, regional, and cable efforts to create a single sports media juggernaut.
Following a complete overhaul from brand strategy through to creative execution that included the rebrand of Comcast's Versus channel to NBC Sports Network on January 2nd, 2012, NBC Sports Group is showing off its new face in 2012.
The NBC Sports Group’s new identity launched in January with the rebrand of Versus to NBC Sports Network, and has rolled out across their coverage of the Super Bowl and Triple Crown. The new brand is set to further roll out during NBC Sports Group’s Olympic coverage in July, and will be featured on NBC, NBC Sports Network, the Group’s RSNs (regional sports networks), and digital and web properties.Continue reading...
Posted by Michael Waltzer on June 16, 2011 05:30 PM
Oh, Oh, Oh! The Golf Boys have made a hit music video, presented by Farmers Insurance.
Trending on YouTube today (with more 600,000 views) is the new music video by the “Golf Boys.” Who? The Golf Boys are PGA Tour players Ben Crane, Rickie Fowler, Bubba Watson, and Hunter Mahan, with music by Con Bro Chill.
The video premiered on Golf Channel on June 14th, during the network's Live from the U.S. Open broadcast.Continue reading...
Posted by Shirley Brady on August 24, 2010 05:30 PM
* McDonald's promoted McDonald's UK president and CEO Steve Easterbrook to EVP, global chief brand officer, a new position that fills the hole in its senior management team created when former CMO Mary Dillon left in May to join U.S. Cellular. Jill McDonald, currently CMO for McDonald's in the UK and northern Europe, is being promoted to UK CEO.
* Dell put its first U.S. smartphone on sale today: the Aero, which costs $99 with a two-year AT&T contract and runs on Google's Android platform.
* Watch out, Netflix: Apple is rumored to be preparing a 99-cent TV show service.
* Facebook sues Teachbook, a social networking site for teachers, over use of -book in its name; deletes accounts purporting to be from North Korea; and bans marijuana-based advertising campaign.
* Microsoft is now handling all search requests for Yahoo in North America; the global rollout will take until 2012.Continue reading...