social media watch
Posted by Shirley Brady on August 10, 2010 04:04 PM
• "Old Spice Man" social marketing campaign results (such as 1.4 billion campaign impressions) are discussed in a video case study, above, by W+K.
• Gowalla's check-in API is released to third-party applications as Twitter prepares to share Promoted Tweets and Promoted Trends with third-party apps.
• Your Google Stories squares off vs. latest batch of users' Facebook stories.
• AT&T's U-verse app brings TV to subscribers' smartphones.
• Facebook's geolocation Foursquare-like feature is coming soon.
• Foot Locker Europe expands "cheeky" game on Facebook.
• Twitpic founder launches Heello, a social startup aimed at businesses and potential rival to HipChat, another B2B social enterprise play.
• Twitter-inspired CBS series starring William Shatner, #*! My Dad Says, is being boycotted by parents' watchdog.
• Watch Twitter's Rushmore-inspired recruitment video after the jump.
More about: Social Media, AT&T, CBS, Facebook, Foot Locker, Foursquare, Gowalla, Heello, HipChat, Old Spice, P&G, Twitter, U-verse, Wieden+Kennedy
Great article.. Social media marketing is one of the most effective internet marketing toles..
August 11, 2010 01:57 AM #
A Sauer says:
I understand that W+K wants to take credit for this while everything still seems like a success. But W+K's case study pretends to be one about branding but mostly quotes short-term numbers like video views and immediate sales boosts. As an advertising case study this is great; as a branding case study it is WAY too early to know anything.
August 11, 2010 11:52 AM #
Shirley Brady says:
Hi Abe: I agree that it's early days yet to see what kind of lasting impact this campaign has on the Old Spice brand, and that W+K has a vested interest in spinning this as a success. So more to come!
August 11, 2010 02:50 PM #
Senior Consultant, StrategyInterbrandNew York, United States
Consultant, StrategyInterbrand New York, United States
Director, StrategyInterbrandHealth London
Client Manager, InterbrandHealthNew York, United States
view all jobs...
Airlines, Alcohol, Automotive, Beauty, Beverages, Branded Entertainment, Design, Corporate Citizenship, Entertainment, Fashion, Financial, Food, Healthcare, Luxury, Media, Mobile, Non-Profit, Pharma, Product Placement, Retail, Sports, Sustainability, Tech, 2012 Olympics
Send us story ideas:email@example.com