social media watch
Posted by Shirley Brady on August 10, 2010 04:04 PM
• "Old Spice Man" social marketing campaign results (such as 1.4 billion campaign impressions) are discussed in a video case study, above, by W+K.
• Gowalla's check-in API is released to third-party applications as Twitter prepares to share Promoted Tweets and Promoted Trends with third-party apps.
• Your Google Stories squares off vs. latest batch of users' Facebook stories.
• AT&T's U-verse app brings TV to subscribers' smartphones.
• Facebook's geolocation Foursquare-like feature is coming soon.
• Foot Locker Europe expands "cheeky" game on Facebook.
• Twitpic founder launches Heello, a social startup aimed at businesses and potential rival to HipChat, another B2B social enterprise play.
• Twitter-inspired CBS series starring William Shatner, #*! My Dad Says, is being boycotted by parents' watchdog.
• Watch Twitter's Rushmore-inspired recruitment video after the jump.
More about: Social Media, AT&T, CBS, Facebook, Foot Locker, Foursquare, Gowalla, Heello, HipChat, Old Spice, P&G, Twitter, U-verse, Wieden+Kennedy
Great article.. Social media marketing is one of the most effective internet marketing toles..
August 11, 2010 01:57 AM #
A Sauer says:
I understand that W+K wants to take credit for this while everything still seems like a success. But W+K's case study pretends to be one about branding but mostly quotes short-term numbers like video views and immediate sales boosts. As an advertising case study this is great; as a branding case study it is WAY too early to know anything.
August 11, 2010 11:52 AM #
Shirley Brady says:
Hi Abe: I agree that it's early days yet to see what kind of lasting impact this campaign has on the Old Spice brand, and that W+K has a vested interest in spinning this as a success. So more to come!
August 11, 2010 02:50 PM #
Architecture Project DirectorInterbrand Design Forum, Dayton
Resource & Financial CoordinatorInterbrand New York
Consultant, Verbal IdentityInterbrand San Francisco
Consultant, Strategy & AnalyticsInterbrand Toronto
Associate Creative DirectorInterbrand Cincinnati
view all jobs...
Airlines, Alcohol, Automotive, Beauty, Beverages, Branded Entertainment, Design, Corporate Citizenship, Entertainment, Fashion, Finance, Food, Healthcare, Luxury, Media, Mobile, Non-Profit, Pharma, Product Placement, Retail, Sports, Sustainability, Tech, World Cup
Tips? Ideas? Contact:firstname.lastname@example.org