Posted by Dale Buss on August 27, 2010 09:00 AM
* 3Par accepts sweetened bid from Dell as an old-fashioned corporate slugfest continues and HP raises its bid to $30/share.
* 8th Continent aims new marketing campaign for soy milk at U.S. moms.
* American Airlines vows to fight a record U.S. fine over alleged maintenance violations.
* Asahi extends push into Australia.
* Audi gets promotional push in gear in Hollywood.
* Boeing postpones delivery of its 787 Dreamliner aircraft once again.
* Diageo slumps financially due to slowdown in North America.
* Draft FCB disgorges three top executives of the Interpublic Group agency.
* EZFace enjoys tests of its “virtual mirrors” in retailers ranging from Wal-Mart to Carrefour (more in our story).
* Ford plans eight new models to drive market-share increases in India.
* Hyundai nears a turning point in the Chinese auto market.
* Lenovo plans to develop a game console as the Chinese electronic giant seeks further expansion.
* Nestle invests heavily in expanding its presence in the coffee trade with new outlays in the farming end of the business.
* Sears brings in a digital expert as its new CMO.
* Target joins other retail chains by jumping into the flu-prevention business early in the season.
* USA Today undergoes radical restructuring as America's former #1 newspaper repositions for digital.