social media watch
Posted by Shirley Brady on August 30, 2010 10:00 AM
* Foursquare passes 3 million users, lights up Times Square.
* The top 10 Twitter trends last week.
* "Silly" Facebook app propels Stride Gum.
* Lawsuit aims to block teens from "liking" ads on Facebook.
* Older adults nearly double social media presence.
* Cheezburger Network CEO Ben Huh makes a bid for Reddit after Conde Nast flap.
* Google continues social buying spree with Angstro.
* MySpace fights for relevance and mindshare.
* Bravo, MTV and the History Channel are among "most effective" media brands on Foursquare.
* Twitter and Facebook: "Recess for Grown-Ups"?
* Drug companies and marketers need to monitor their brands on social media.
* A new survey says Facebook feeds narcissism.
* Germany prohibits employers from checking out candidates' Facebook profiles.
* Yahoo's social head quits to join eBay.