Posted by Dale Buss on September 9, 2010 09:00 AM
* 7-Eleven enters the bidding for smaller rival Casey’s.
* All Nippon Airways plans to launch the first low-cost air carrier in Japan.
* Anheuser-Busch InBev, L’Oreal and Unilever are among brands utilizing more online video to connect with consumers in China.
* Burberry aims to transform itself into an agile global retailer.
* CNN banks on new faces such as Piers Morgan to battle slumping ratings.
* General Motors needs to go into “attack” mode, new CEO Daniel Akerson tells employees.
* Goldman Sachs is fined $27 million by the U.K. government, but ranked #1 on Wall Street for employee satisfaction.
* Buffalo Wild Wings is ready for some NFL football.
* “Obamacare” poised to cost US taxpayers, a new federal report says.
* PepsiCo announces 10 winning startups for its highly watched digital-marketing incubator program.
* Toronto International Film Festival launches with a more upbeat tone than a year ago.
* Toys R Us intensifies its temporary usage of vacant mall spaces for the upcoming holiday shopping season.
* Visa kicks off another season with the National Football League.
* Vodafone faces huge tax setback in India for an acquisition, which could discourage other brands from making major acquisitions there.