Last night in New York, Christie's hosted a star-studded eco-auction and green fashion show, A Bid to Save the Earth. How star-studded? Try a surprise performance by Nicki Minaj, for starters.
In partnership with charitybuzz.com, Christie's event drew celebrities, non-profits, and philanthropists eyeing a host of tempting items for a good cause.
Exclusive packages and experiences have been donated by a who’s who of entertainment, conservation, and industry leaders; "items" on the block include:
• A day with President Bill Clinton
• Meet Justin Bieber backstage in Tokyo, Japan, and get VIP tickets to his performance
• Fly with Harrison Ford in his personal aircraft, with round-trip airfare to Los Angeles, four nights at The Ritz Carlton
• Fly to Paris for the Chanel Couture Experience, meet Karl Lagerfeld, take a private tour of Coco Chanel's apartment, receive a handbag and stay five nights at The Ritz-Carlton
• The ultimate Vanity Fair Oscars after-party package
• Meet Lady Gaga backstage in Miami and stay three nights at Soho House Miami
• Meet Michael Kors and Heidi Klum on the ultimate New York Fashion Week experience, with inside access to the Project Runway fashion show finale
• Tickets to the finale of FOX's hit show American Idol.
VIP supporters including Ted Danson and designers Derek Lam and Tommy Hilfiger appeared in the green auction promo:
Proceeds will benefit four environmental nonprofits: Oceana, Natural Resources Defense Council, Conservation International, and New York's Central Park Conservancy.
"Charitybuzz is thrilled to partner with Christie's for the 2011 Green Auction, a truly unmatched initiative spanning nearly every industry in a bid to save our beautiful planet," stated Coppy Holzman, CEO and co-founder of charitybuzz in the official press release.
The public is invited to make a symbolic bid by texting "gogreen" to 20222 to donate $10.00, or upload a video on YouTube to bid: