2014 Brandcameo Product Placement Awards

brand faces

Steve Jobs 1955-2011

Posted by Shirley Brady on October 5, 2011 09:05 PM

There may be no more eloquent tribute to Steve Jobs than Apple's homepage: a black and white photo of the brand's visionary in his classic black turtleneck, and the words "Steve Jobs 1955-2011" ... but we'll defer to his friend and rival, Bill Gates.

"The world rarely sees someone who made such a profound impact," Microsoft's founder tweeted tonight. "For those of us lucky enough to get to work with Steve, it’s been an insanely great honor," he added. "I will miss Steve immensely." As will we all.

Comments

Jude Watson Canada says:

A Classy Tribute by Apple and Gates indeed. #RIPsteve

October 6, 2011 12:45 AM #

Rhys Hyatt Australia says:

hear hear.

October 6, 2011 02:28 AM #

Andrew Bradley Ireland says:

Steve was the best champion of design that designers could ever have. He was my champion. Thank you for your courage of conviction. I will do my best to keep your passion for design alive.

I still have my first Apple Mac (1986) on my desk to inspire me!

Andrew Bradley
Dublin, Ireland

October 6, 2011 04:28 AM #

Soeurette B United States says:

i don't own an Apple p.c but. I'm not worry about the master mind of technology STEVE JOBS because he is with God now.I am only sorry that he's gone too soon. May the Lord bless his family, and give them courage to go on without him .Even though his no longer with us; his legacy will continue to subsist, and the world will always remember him. He is one of the geniuses of our time.

October 7, 2011 02:43 PM #

Sophia Braun Israel says:

I heard several times Steve's speeches. He died on the Eve of the Jewish Holy day -Yom Kipur...
In the Bible the Man is compared to the Tree on the Field. and the Tree is best measured when it is down .

Such a Big loss Steve's death - but He left us a great Philosophy of Life and Success, which we should follow.

Sophia Braun. Tel Aviv Israel