Posted by Abe Sauer on March 2, 2012 12:33 PM
• What do you call a deep fried McRib in Europe? A McRibster.
• NCAA implements sanctions against University of North Dakota for Fighting Sioux logo.
• Whitney Museum punked by spoof smackdown over corporate sponsors.
• The Guardian's "three little pigs" ad campaign huffs and puffs, and blows everyone away.
• Feed it tweets. Let it grow. TWEETACONDA!
• "I'm a believer. You'll be too!" The last ads of late Monkee, Davy Jones.
• Disneyland cancels overeating villains of health exhibit.
• So this is happening:
• Chick-fil-A tops customer service survey as NYU students protest the chain over anti-gay equality donations.
• Dept. of Funny Things: The official Kickstarter page for Greece.
• Virgin Atlantic hires "whisper coach" to teach flight attendants how to address first class passengers.
• Why can't "sexy brands" get more Facebook engagement?
• Looking at the collapse of print advertising in one graph.
• Gun advocates not happy about MLB's decision to ban six shooter from throwback Houston Astros "Colt .45s" logo.
• If you're going to be a pitchwoman for Greenpeace, don't do a commercial for Shell Oil in your youth. Then again, we were all young once.
• Quote: "Awarding marketers for using what you’re shilling is so self-aggrandizing as to be nearly meaningless." Op-ed on Facebook ad awards.
• La Quinta Inn & Suites and Simmons Bedding break the record for longest human mattress dominos. (via)
• Package design mastery.
• Lazer Tag is back, baby!
• The Story of Sushi. Just trust us, watch it.
• You'll always remember your first time… with Putin.
• Oh, it's art! The Kate Upton Carl's Jr. commercial has a "director's cut." Stay tuned for the Criterion Collection reissue.
• And Kayak's YouTube channel goes for the funny bone.
More about: Brand Bites
Senior Consultant, StrategyInterbrandNew York, United States
Consultant, StrategyInterbrand New York, United States
Director, StrategyInterbrandHealth London
Client Manager, InterbrandHealthNew York, United States
view all jobs...
Airlines, Alcohol, Automotive, Beauty, Beverages, Branded Entertainment, Design, Corporate Citizenship, Entertainment, Fashion, Financial, Food, Healthcare, Luxury, Media, Mobile, Non-Profit, Pharma, Product Placement, Retail, Sports, Sustainability, Tech, 2012 Olympics
Send us story ideas:firstname.lastname@example.org