sports in the spotlight
Posted by Shirley Brady on April 30, 2012 06:01 PM
• BMW talks up sustainability as automaker unveils colorful designs for Olympics loaner fleet of 4,000 cars and SUVs.
• Some London residents may get missiles stationed on their rooftops as city firms up security plans.
• London mayor Boris Johnson complains that Heathrow airport chaos is damaging UK reputation ahead of the Games.
• McDonald's Coca-Cola and Cadbury criticized for Olympics sponsorship.
• Yahoo plans biggest Olympics coverage ever thanks to P&G and Visa sponsorship.
• China signs Wurth as Olympics basketball team sponsor.
• Organizers struggle to keep up with web ticket sales to football/soccer fans.
• New technology will measure impact of extra traffic on London.