Most celebrities aren’t brands. Legendary icons are.
As agents for some of the most legendary icons in history, we created our own informal “Proust Questionnaire for Personality Brands” to examine how our notable clientele became icons in the first place and how we can help their loved ones frame their long-term legacies.
This month we’re focusing on Pandemonia—and spoke with the artist herself.
Pandemonia is a character and persona created as conceptual art by an anonymous London-based artist who has appeared in the art and fashion world since 2009. Clad in a latex full-head mask with stylized hair and latex dresses, Pandemonia is 7-feet tall, and often accompanied by an inflatable white dog named Snowy.
Her persona is made entirely of latex and thus her artwork is the natural progression and continuation of Pop Art.
Beanstalk represents Pandemonia for all commercial uses of Pandemonia’s name, image, or likeness—either in advertising or on products.
- What is your idea of perfect happiness? Realizing an idea
- What is your greatest fear? Needles, have you ever seen a balloon burst?
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Self-obsession
- What is the trait you most deplore in others? Self-obsession
- Which living person do you most admire? Vivian Westwood
- What is your greatest extravagance? My art
- What is your current state of mind? Effervescent
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Obedience
- On what occasion do you lie? I’ve never lied 😉
- What do you most dislike about your appearance? What’s not to love?
- Which living person do you most despise? Anyone stealing my limelight
- What is the quality you most like in a man? Sophistication
- What is the quality you most like in a woman? Sophistication
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse? “Blar Blar”
- What or who is the greatest love of your life? My doggies—Snowball, Snowbell & Dottie
- When and where were you happiest? I remember a shoot I did in the streets of New York last year; I was loving showing off my latest
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My shoe size
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? Not compromising
- If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? Karl Lagerfeld
- Where would you most like to live? After a lifetime, I still love London
- What is your most treasured possession? My sketchbook
- What is your favorite occupation? Designing
- What is your most marked characteristic? My hair
- What do you most value in your friends? Patience
- Who are your favorite writers? JG Ballard, Kafka, Nabokov, Paul Auster, Nikolai Gogol
- Who is your hero of fiction? Don Quixote
- Which historical figure do you most identify with? The Trojan Horse
- Who are your heroes in real life? Coco Chanel, Schiaparelli, George Eliot
- What are your favorite names? Gaultier, Mugler, McQueen
- What is it that you most dislike? Extreme weather
- What is your greatest regret? No regrets!
- How would you like to die? I don’t plan on it
- What is your motto? Keep it real